Friday, January 18, 2008

Ma, I love you too!

Well the Holidays have come and gone and were pretty tiring to say the least. I feel badly that I haven't posted in such a long while but there just having been much time that isnt being dedicated ot the kids or one of us being sick unfortunetly. I have to say that I dont have much time to go into detail about how things have progressed so you will just have to trust the pictures. They say pictures are worth a thousand words but I think in our case they may be worth a million. It has been a lot of very hard work and is still in progress. That is a given but our daughter has changed in leaps and bounds. She is not the same little girl that we brought home and is much more in control of herself and her emotions at this point. She has worked really hard and has made changes as have we. It is really remarkable. She no longer attacks us at all. She does not hurt Landon every second she can and for the most part they are pretty inseperatable. She smiles most of the time, is really funny and very animated. Her English is really really good and she speaks in several word sentences unless she gets too excited or is trying to tell a story too quickly. She showes alot of affection to me and Landon and has made huge strides with Greg as well. A few days ago she came up to me for no reason, hugged me and said " Ma, I love you too". I held back a few tears on that one. Then the next day she came ot me and said " I love you daddy, a little bit" showin gme with her fingers how much she loved him. I told her that was a great start! It is amazing that she is so smart and can already tell us that its not all ther yet but its getting there. She really is an amazing little girl. She is doing great in school still and continues to get all A's. She has trouble reading sentences but can read the words she is learning and spell them. Her math is genius. This week she began to talk more about our meeting and describing how everyone reacted and who cried. This came after a few days of translating what some objects were from English to Chinese. I figured once she started to think about the language that emotions would follow. I think that is a good sign as it means she is really ready to move through it instead of blocking it all out.

WE began to see a realy change in her once she finally understood that she would not see Keelung Mommy and Daddy for Christmas, nor would she go to Taiwan or anyone come here from Taiwan. After expaling some things to her, and explaing that the money in her piggy bank wasnt enough to get her there, she seemed releived as if a weight had been lifted. I think she had to hold back thinking she would soon see them and betray their love. We have come a long way in a short amount of time. I could relaly go on and on. I know there is still a long way to go but we are more than happy with the progress we all have made. We feel like a manageable family now. It stil isnt easy but so much better. Thank you all for your prayers and blessings as they have helped get us through a time we could not see the light at all. In all honesty we wondered if our family would be able to stay in tact but we stuck together and are all doing great. Landon is so happy and aside of the regular, semi agressive sibling rivalry, is in total love and ahh of his sister. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I believe this may be our last public post to this blog before it goes to password protected so if you wish to continue to read please email me privetly.


































































































































































































22 comments:

Kikilia said...

I would really like to be able to continue reading your blog.

However, if you're closing off to only family and close friends I understand and wish you all well.

Jaclyn said...

The pictures are wonderful, she looks very happy and the picture of the both of them with Greg is priceless. She IS going to be OK..
Jaclyn

Anonymous said...

Like kikilia, I came across your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. I have greatly enjoyed reading your blog and have been extremely touched. I would love to continue but of course understand if you are not comfortable sharing with strangers. If you don't mind, my email is dwaiss@wmalumni.com Thanks for being so open and honest and I feel priviledged to be able to share in your challenges and accomplishments.

Hamda said...

Hello
I hope I can continue reading your blog but i understand if you only want friends and family to read it but there is something I wanted to tell you
I am in the very start of my adoption still didnt choose a country but I have learned ALOT from your blog and have decided where ever I adopt from I want to adopt an older child my email is
hamda.althani.8@gmail.com

catherine said...

Hi. I came to know about your blog from my sister who is a FFC member. They got their child year.

I have enjoyed reading your blog and been touched by your candidness in your challenges and experiences with the children. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I would very much like to continue reading your blog. However, if you would prefer not to share them to all, I understand.

Thanks again and all the best to you and your family.

Heather

catherine said...

It's me again, Heather.

My email address is: momdadof2@gmail.com

Kikilia said...

oops realized I forgot to include my email for you if you let me continue to read your blog....
it's Kikilia13@aol.com

Andrea M said...

I think the pictures say it all. I am so happy to hear that things have gotten better. I'd been checking to see if there were updates and this update is so wonderful.
Many blessings for the future and I hope the healing and happiness continue.
I'd love to keep reading if you don't mind.
Andrea
Miranda's Mom

Annie said...

Wow Nicole! Praise God! What a lot of progress! I love the pictures of Liberti with Greg and Liberti with Landon. They really do speak volumes.

Annie
(and I'd love to keep reading if it's ok with you if you do go to password protected. annie.blakeslee@gmail.com)

vonnebarnett said...

Nicole, I have been praying for all of you each day. Life would not be so rewarding without our discovery that God can help us overcome our struggles. Your experiences have been like climbing mountains but you have made it to the top and planted the flag. I hope that you will continue to send your blog to me at vmeusslingbarnett@yahoo.com Did the children at Chung Yi enjoy their gifts? Vonne Barnett

mattnmay said...

Hi Nicole,

Your hardships the past few months have been rewarded by the 5 beautiful words that Liberti said to you. Congratulations and I hope and pray for continued progress in your bonding with her. I am so happy for you. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to continue reading your blog. My email address is hello_btorres@yhoo.com.
You are also welcome to visit us online at http://mattnmay.blogspot.com/. We are just about to submit our dossier to Ethiopia. We are looking forward to getting a baby girl for Ben.

Thank you and all the best to you and your family.

Bernadette

William's Family said...

Nicole,

What a wonderful change in such a short amount of time. I know that so much of it is due to your fantastic parenting and relentless love. Way to go! Liberti really looks like she is really blossoming.

- Judy K.
www.wonderchildherewecome.blogspot.com

MOM said...

Nicole, What a wonderful post. I am so happy and in awe of God's grace in your life. Thank you for sharing so truthfully with us. Your story has really inspired me and gives me lots of hope for when my older kids come home to stay forever!

God Bless you and your family! Debbie

The Morrows said...

Yeah!!!!! I have been checking the blog everyday hoping and praying that your next update would be just like this one! I am so happy for your family and especially for Ti. It's a wonderful moment to hear them say I Love You, isn't it?

All the best wishes for your future together as a family.

Claudia
Zoe's Mom
Adopt Taiwan Yahoo Group

JackieMacD said...

Hi Nicole,
Wow - what a transformation. It sounds like your family is stronger than ever. Wishing you the best and would love to continue reading.

-Jackie
taiwanlucy.blogspot.com
jmomac@mac.com

Sarah said...

Nicole, Can you hear my sighs of relief while reading this post all the way from the Hoosier state? I'm so overjoyed for your family. Sounds like all of your hard work is making such a difference. I admire you all so much. Of course I hope to get an invitation to the blog once it is private. Uh, I think you know my e-mail address. (joke) You're my adoptive momma hero.

love said...

I would like to be able to continue reading your blog.It's really help me to adopt an older child my email is love23love23@gmail.com

Shana said...

Hi Nicole! Just caught up with your blog since getting back from TW and I am soooo happy to hear about the progress your family is making. The pics do speak a million words! We hope to see you all soon and would love to be added to the blog.
Love,
Shana, Kevin, Mia, Haley and Kyan

Nicole said...

Wow, Nicole, it is SO INCREDIBLE to read your update. I kept checking over the holidays to see how you guys were doing and if you had posted. I was praying each time that God was at work in huge ways and Liberti was healing. It was so wonderful to read your words and to see her precious face and the new glow that appeared on it. Thank you for your honesty and sharing. It has been a blessing. I would love to continue to read your blog. My email is nicechols@yahoo.com

Tracey said...

I have been checking your blog frequently hoping to see a "positive" update. I am thrilled that things are moving in the right direction for you all. I wish God's blessings on your family and thank you for the honesty of your posts.

Tracey H.

Megan said...

You all look so happy in such a short time. I'm glad she is finally able to speak and express herself. I can't wait for our daughter to be able to express herself too.
XOXO,
Continued blessings,
Megan

William's Family said...

Awesome! I'm a little delayed in getting to this post, but I'm so thrilled to hear about the great progress Liberti is making. I am in awe of your persistence, love, and courage.

I'd also love to follow along on your password protected blog if it's not too late to get in.

- Judy K.
www.wonderchildherewecome.blogspot.com